Our Promotional Handouts are litho printed on 450gsm silk card or digitally printed on 400gsm and have a gloss lamination or matt lamination on one side. They are available in any size from 40mm x 40mm up to A3 (297mm x 420mm) and can be die-cut to interesting shapes using our existing cutters or a new cutter specified by you e.g. for use as door hangers or swing tickets.
Popular Handout Sizes
Our standard Promotional Handout sizes are:
- 55mm x 85mm (Credit Card)
- 110mm x 85mm (Double Credit Card size)
- 170mm x 55mm (Also, Double Credit Card size)
- 132mm x 76mm
- 105mm x 148mm (A6)
- 99mm x 210mm (1/3 A4)
- 210mm x 148mm (A5)
- 198mm x 210mm (2/3 A4)
- 297mm x 210mm (A4)
- 297mm x 420mm (A3)
We can produce any other size of Promotional Handout you may require from 40mm x 40mm up to a maximum of 420mm x 297mm.
Extended Handouts Range
We have a nine standing cutters, two based on A4 and seven based on A5, which will enable your Handout to be die-cut to shape without incurring a charge for a new cutter to be made. If you cannot find a suitable shape you can specify a new cutter by selecting "Use your own Bespoke Handout Design" option (please see the next section).
A4 Shapes and Sizes
A5 Shapes and Sizes
Use your own Bespoke Handout Design
Select this option if you would like your Handout die-cut to shape. The first time you order a new shape you will need to pay for a new cutting forme; if you agree to share the cutter with other customers, the cost of the cutter will be halved.
- Enter the dimensions of an imaginary rectangle into which your die-cut shape will fit.
- If you have ordered this shape before, please enter the previous job number. If you do not know the number, just type Not Known in the box.
- If you have not ordered this shape before, you will save 50% of the cutter cost if you answer "No" to the question "Handout forme design exclusive to you?"
Gloss or Matt Lamination
If your Promotional Handout is printed on both sides, we will laminate page one of your artwork. Please choose either gloss lamination or matt lamination. Gloss lamination is cheaper than matt lamination.
Litho and Digital Printing
If you only require a small quantity of Promotional Handouts, Digital Printing can be cheaper than Litho Printing – as the quantity increases, Litho Printing becomes much cheaper than Digital Printing. Digital Printing also allows you to have different artwork on every copy. Prices are displayed for both options in the price calculator. The right hand two columns are for Digital Printing and the first three columns are for Litho Printing.
Print Finishing (i.e. Creasing etc.) of Promotional Handouts
If you would like your Promotional Handouts to be perforated, creased, round cornered and/or drilled then please select the Finishing box under the Optional Extras heading and make you selection. The figures in the price table will automatically update to include the cost of the finishing.
Production times for Printing Promotional Handouts
If your Promotional Handouts only require printing and trimming with no extra finishing such as creasing, the following choices of turnaround times are available.
Express turnaround – your Promotional Handout printing order will be despatched in three working days.
Express Plus turnaround – your Promotional Handout printing order will be despatched in two working days.
Economy turnaround – your Promotional Handout printing order will be despatched in six working days.
If you require extra finishing, the number of working days will increase by a day or two. The despatch time, including the time required for the extra finishing, will be shown in the Product Description.
For a day to be treated as the first working day, we require your printing order and payment along with print quality artwork before 10am. Alternatively, for an additional charge, you can delay the printing order, payment and print quality artwork cut-off time to 3.30pm.
Artwork and PDF requirements for Promotional Handouts
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished job, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a "quiet area" to ensure nothing important is too near to the edge of the finished item; so please leave a 5mm inner margin for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- Image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes
If you would like to download a PDF template you can do so from the Templates page which is also accessible via the top menu bar.