Business Card Size
Our standard size for Cheap Business Card Printing is 55mm x 85mm. This is now widely accepted as the standard size for all Business Cards. It is a similar size to a credit card, so it fits easily into a wallet
Business Card Printing Materials
- 400gsm gloss – this has a shiny surface
- 400gsm silk – this has a flat, non-reflective surface
Gloss, Matt and Soft Touch Lamination
It is not essential, but lamination is recommended to protect the printed surface of the business card. Gloss lamination creates a glossy surface and matt lamination creates silk surface. Soft Touch lamination is almost the same as matt lamination, but has a slightly velvety feel a bit like the skin of a peach and is available on both sides of the Business Card. Interestingly, you can write on soft touch lamination with a ballpoint pen. Lamination is available on front, back or both sides.
Turnaround Time for Cheap Business Card Printing
Unlaminated Business Card Printing order will be delivered to a mainland UK address in four working days. Digitally embossed cards are delivered in five working days. If you need a faster turnaround, please phone or email us for a quote. It is possible that the faster turnaround will make the job slightly more expensive.
Artwork and PDF requirements for Cheap Business Card Printing
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your Business Card artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished Business Card, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a “quiet area” to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the Business Card; so please leave an inner margin of between 3mm and 5mm for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your Business Card artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- The image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes