Postcard Printing Sizes
Our Standard Postcard Printing Sizes are:
- 105mm x 148mm (A6)
- 148mm x 210mm (A5)
- 210mm x 297mm (A4)
- 99mm x 210mm (DL)
- 148mm x 148mm (148mm square)
- 210mm x 210mm (210mm square)
Choice of Postcard Printing Materials
Our Postcard board is one-sided, i.e. it has a coated surface on the front and an uncoated surface on the back. This makes it easy to write on the back of the cards.
One-sided boards are much thicker relative to their gsm weight than normal art boards, which are coated on both sides.
Our 280gsm has an ideal rigidity and thickness for Postcard printing. If you would like to go up-market, then choose our 350gsm which is not much more expensive than the 280gsm and really luxurious.
When a printed item is laminated, it has a very thin layer of clear plastic stuck to the surface. Do not confuse this with encapsulation, which completely encloses a printed item with two layers of PVC, which is sealed round the edges. Our Postcards are laminated one side only.
- Gloss lamination. This protects the surface of the Postcard and has a glossy finish
- Matt lamination. This also protects the surface of the Postcard, but has a flat non-reflective finish
UV Varnish is an overall coating layer applied to the printed sheet, which is cured (hardened) by using ultra-violet light.
UV Varnishing is cheaper than lamination – it creates a similar visual effect to lamination but offers less protection.
- Gloss UV Varnishing. This provides some additional protection to the printed image on the Postcard and has a glossy finish
- Matt UV Varnishing. This provides some additional protection to the printed image on the Postcard and has a flat non-reflective finish
Turnaround Time for Postcard Printing
Your Postcard printing order will be delivered to a mainland UK address in seven working days. If you need a faster turnaround, please phone or email us for a quote. It is probable that the faster turnaround will make the job more expensive.
Artwork and PDF Requirements for Postcards
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your Postcards artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished Postcard, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a “quiet area” to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the Postcard; so please leave an inner margin of between 3mm and 5mm for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your Postcard artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- The image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes