Self Cover Booklet Printing Sizes
Our standard self cover booklet printing sizes are:
- 74mm x 105mm (A7 portrait)
- 105mm x 148mm (A6 portrait)
- 99mm x 210mm (DL portrait)
- 105mm x 210mm (DL+ portrait)
- 148mm x 210mm (A5 portrait)
- 210mm x 297mm (A4 portrait)
- 105mm x 297mm (portrait)
- 210mm x 280mm (portrait)
- 148mm x 105mm (A6 landscape)
- 210mm x 105mm (DL+ landscape)
- 210mm x 148mm (A5 landscape)
- 297mm x 210mm (A4 landscape)
- 297mm x 105mm (landscape)
- 280mm x 210mm (landscape)
- 120mm x 120mm (120mm square)
- 148mm x 148mm (148mm square)
- 210mm x 210mm (210mm square)
What is Saddle Stitching?
- Saddle stitching means that the Self Cover Booklet is bound by two staples though the spine. The sections of the Booklet are folded, then inserted (so that the outer pages sit over the top of the inner pages), then two staples are driven through the point at which the pages meet at the back of the Self Cover Booklet, then the Booklet is trimmed at the head, the foot and the fore edge to leave a neat finish to the sides of the Self Cover Booklet.
Ink Colour for Self Cover Booklet Printing
- Full colour – Your self cover booklet will be printed in four colour process throughout
Self Cover Booklet Printing Materials
- Uncoated – The paper used for your self-cover booklet printing does not have a coating applied to it during manufacture at the paper mill. It has the same surface characteristics as copier paper, as used in photocopiers and laser printers. It is available in weights of 80gsm, 90gsm, 100gsm and 120gsm.
- Gloss art – This paper has a glossy surface. It is available in weights of 115gsm, 130gsm, 150gsm and 170gsm
- Silk art – This paper has a very smooth, flat surface. It is available in weights of 90gsm, 115gsm, 130gsm, 150gsm and 170gsm
Turnaround Time for Self Cover Booklet Printing
We offer a choice of Standard Turnaround and Express Turnaround on most Self Cover Booklet sizes and materials. The number of working days include the day of order (providing we have a print ready PDF and payment before 3.30pm) and the day of delibvery; so if you see 4 working days in the price table and order on a Monday, the expected delivery date is Thursday. If you need a faster turnaround, please phone or email us for a quote. It is probable that the faster turnaround will make the job more expensive.
Artwork and PDF Requirements for Booklets
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your Self Cover Booklet artwork as a Press Quality PDF set up as single pages, not spreads. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service – please send over your document and we will give you a quote for creating a Press Quality PDF; the minimum charge for doing this is £20.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished Self Cover Booklet, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a “quiet area” to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the Self Cover Booklet; so please leave an inner margin of between 3mm and 5mm for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your Self Cover Booklet artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- The image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes