Business Card Size
Our Luxury Business Card Printing size is 55mm x 85mm. This is now widely accepted as the standard size for all Business Card Printing. It is a similar size to a credit card, so it fits easily into a wallet
Luxury Business Card Printing Material
- 450gsm silk board. This card is very rigid and has a non-reflective silk rather than gloss surface. In recent years, this material has become the most widely used material for Luxury Business Card Printing
- 400gsm uncoated board. This has a rougher surface than the 450gsm silk – it is similar in finish to a sheet of 80gsm paper which you might use in a photcopier, but five times as heavy. It’s very easy to write on, so is ideal for appointment cards.
It is not essential, but lamination is recommended to protect the printed surface of the business card. Gloss lamination creates a very glossy surface and is available both sides only.
Soft Touch Lamination
Soft Touch lamination is almost the same as matt lamination, but has a very slightly velvety feel; it is available on both sides of the Business Card. Interestingly, you can write on soft touch lamination with a ballpoint pen
Scodix Digital Embossing is a process which adds a raised, high gloss layer to selected areas of a printed sheet. The effect is absolutely BRILLIANT – it looks like a cross between gloss UV varnish and thermography.
Please supply PDF artwork for the image which is to be Digitally Embossed. This can be supplied as an additional colour (perhaps called Embossing) or as a separate PDF. Digital embossing does not extend to bleed, so a 3mm clearance from the edge should be observed to assure the best adhesion. If you need help to create the artwork for the area to be Digitally Embossed, our studio will be pleased to give you a quote.
Digital embossing adds two working days to our turnaround time.
You can have one corner of your Luxury Business Cards round cornered with a large 10mm radius cut or all four corners round cornered with 3mm radius cuts.
Turnaround Time for Luxury Business Card Printing
Your Luxury Business Card Printing order will be delivered to a mainland UK address in five working days. Digitally embossed cards are delivered in seven working days. Round cornering adds two working days to these turnaround times.
If you need a faster turnaround, please phone or email us for a quote. It is possible that the faster turnaround will make the job slightly more expensive.
Artwork and PDF requirements for Luxury Business Card Printing
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your Business Card artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished Business Card, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a “quiet area” to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the Business Card; so please leave an inner margin of between 3mm and 5mm for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your Business Card artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- The image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes